Saturday, September 3, 2011

The Sorrows of David


Yes, I am indeed alive.... I did not perish during the Summer because of the intense heat. I was almost consumed by mosquitoes though. It took a month for my skin to go back to white instead of white and pink polka dots.

Anyway my dearest little brother switched schools and is now not the center of attention in his new school. Poor David has sobbed about 3 of the 10 days he has been there. However he complains and sniffs and pouts the moment he gets back.
Apparently only a few people play with him. One of witch is a very witty Indian boy who asks him in his Indian accent, "David what do I have to do to get you to stop crying". My brother being so upset cried in front of his whole class for a whole hour. After that the vice principle came to talk to him and the shrink.

David has not taken all this emotional turmoil well so he cries a lot now. So I try to make him as happy as possible. Like when he came to me with tears in his eyes on Thursday night asking if I would watch t.v with him. I inhaled deeply and exhaled telling myself that God is good and he would help me finish my my test the next day. I still haven't found that power within me to finish the test.
Apparently my brothers decided to watch the 9/11 movie (which David knew they were not allowed to watch because they would never be able to get on a plane again) and he was not allowed in the room. So he and I watch the Frog Princess on my laptop via the fabulous Netflix.
Which was a traumatizing movie by the way. Why on earth does a Disney movie contain so much voodoo? I will NEVER visit New Orleans after watching that movie it was seriously creepy.

Anyhoo after we finish the movie I go to my room to get ready for bed and I find David sobbing at my door.
"David, what happened?"
"I,I...I cant remember it." He sobs while clutching his Rosary.
"Hail Mary full of grace....." I start to explain the Rosary.
"No not that one!"
I recite nearly every prayer I have ever heard in every language I know. None of them work for David.
After taking him to my brothers room they laugh and tell me that its the Chaplet of Divine Mercy.
Davids face lights up and he runs back to my parents room in triumph. I get no thank you.

Yes no thank you for Sophia the amazing sister who wasted hours for him.

I later learned that he's been praying the Chaplet of Divine Mercy so that he wont cry in school. I instantly forgave him.

I hope school gets better for him, I can't take much more of his emotional state.


6 comments:

  1. well that didn't make my day happy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Reader,
    Yes it is sad...
    Sorry about no filling you up with happy emotions. If I find the power that God was supposed to bestow upon me and help me finish my school work before midnight I will post a funny post for you.

    Again sorry for not making you happy. If however I don't finish I would recommend watching a funny YouTube video. Maybe that will make you happy.
    -Sophia

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww, poor thing! I hope things get better for him.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is pathetic you have only had six posts all year!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you other Anonymous reader :). It has gotten better for him, cause we pulled him out. He is so happy that I want to kill him because all he does is run around the house reading random things and reciting the alphabet at the top of his lungs.

    He's calmed down some though.

    Me, yes it quite pathetic. I have been waaaay to busy with school to pay much attention to the blog. I will try to post this week and make it to....drum roll please..... a whopping 7 post this year!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jo
    Aww David! I sympathize with him considering that I moved schools in the middle of the year too. Tell him (and the rest of your family) I miss them. Haha he probably doesn't even remember me.

    ReplyDelete