When I was ten, I wanted to be a hairdresser. I had my tenth birthday at my dad's beauty supply. It was beauty themed and my friends and I had our hair and nails done. Obviously, things have changed since then. A lot. Fortunately, I have been able to keep in touch with the good part of my ten year old self. I mean, ten is important. As my friend Ximena once said, it's the first time you're a double digit number!
Anyways, I decided to interview my ten year old brother, Yousef, to ask him if things have changed since I was a first-time double-digiter. We talked about sci-fi, heavy metal, and girls. If he didn't like video games so much, I would swear we were the same person. Really.
How have you been dude? Uh, good.
So, tell me, what's life really like for a ten year old? Uh boring. It's ok. I'm ten so there's not really much to do, except play video games
Other than video games, what are things you're really interested in? I'm interested in sci-fi movies, heavy metal.
I'ts not really that heavy, you know... Well, I'm interested in Evanescence, Linkin, Park, Nirvana, Foo Fighters-
Well, Nirvana is grunge, and the Foo Fighters are alternative rock. What about Evanescence? And Linkin park?
Evanescence is probably metal... Linkin Park is just hard rock maybe. Sometimes they're nu metal...
What are your friendships like? {We} play video games? Play sports. Talk about movies, and how dumb they are. {We talk} about how dumb Twilight is.
Who do you talk about Twilight with? Uen. I tell him Twilight is dumb.
What are things you're afraid of? Spiders. I'm not gonna say the dark.
When you're ten do you still hate girls.. or do you kind of like them? You hate them. Because they ruin your life.
Some of your friends have girlfriends already, you know... I know that... and... I tell them they're dumb because of that. And I don't think an eight, nine, or ten year old should have a girlfriend.
How old do you think a boy should be to have a girlfriend? I don't think they should even have them. It's a waste of your time. Play video games instead.
Or read a book? Some books. If they're sci-fi. And Ralf S. Mouse.
Don't you like the Hobbit? The Hobbit is sci-fi. Ish.
Fantasy. Yeah, I guess so.
What do you want to be when you grow up? I don't want to think about growing up because then I'm supposed to be mature.
If you were a superhero, who would you be? Uh... (he ponders on this) Hm. (He shrugs and gives me a weird look.) I don't know. I know who I would be if I was a villain.
Who? The joker.
Why? Because he's weird.
Are you weird? Maybe...
Why do you think that? It's a joke. I'm not weird, I'm awesome.
If you had to chose between jumping off a cliff or spending the whole day with a ten year old girl, which would you shoose? On the other hand, I love cliffs.
Any last words? Star Wars rocks. Peace out
Well said.
Hahah! I should ask my 11 year old bro the same questions and we can compare!
ReplyDeleteDo that! Ooh, you should interview him!
ReplyDeleteLol! He won't oblige with me, you should do it!
ReplyDeletehahaha, good interview!
ReplyDeleteIt was fun!
ReplyDeleteI watched Pirates of the Caribbean the other day with my uncle
ReplyDelete