Two nights ago, I experienced the oddest, most horrific subconscious thought of my life. I shall tell the story like a book.
*Dream Cloud*
"Excuse me Ms. Jollywagon, Why am I now in the regular American History class" I asked my obviously confused councilor.
"I'm not sure but just go for today until I can get it fixed." She replied after hesitation, sensing my anger.
After a slow deep breath I hurried along to my second period regular history class. I carefully chose the seat farthest to the left in the front row after pondering the arrangement for a few seconds. As the bell rang, the teacher began class by exclaiming he was a substitute and the regular teacher would be back tomorrow.
The classroom was dull with plain white walls, a teacher’s desk, and five columns with six rows of student desks. The substitute teacher who now called himself Mr. Cloud turned off the lights and turned on a movie concerning Industrialization. Feeling disinterested (as I had already studied this in my real class) and drowsy from studying late last night I drifted off into a deep sleep.
I stumbled out of my sleep forty-five minutes later with a loud bell ringing in my ear. Trudging through the hall I began to feel a tingling sensation in my left hand. I slowly raised my hand and came to the horrifying conclusion that someone had tattooed permanently all around my hand as I was sleeping.
The hallway started spinning. I shook my head attempting to stay calm but was unsuccessful. I ran down the steps to the main hallway screaming and bawling uncontrollably. Soon enough the hallway began to clear. I rushed to the first administrator I could find and protested, "I swear to find the person who did this and make their life a living hell".
After much attempts to calm me down I explained what happened and wagged my red, stinging hand in the teacher's face. She assured me she would let the other faculty know and that we would find the victimizer. I rushed off to the nurse to make sure my hand was at least healthy and uninfected. As the nurse and I were inspecting my hand the designs and colors became more protruded. I must admit the pattern was quite beautiful, but it still had to be removed. Later on, as I was roaming the hall on the way to lunch I noticed one of my good teachers and friend talking. They waved me over and I told the story once again about the tattoo. Mid-way through the story another student approached my teacher to ask a question.
The young boy was roughly 4'10, dark skinned, with short black hair and brown eyes. He appeared to be a freshman. And, as he was speaking, I seemed to be remembering something from that nap in history. It was like I was hearing my dream again. Then I realized what it was. It was his voice! I heard his voice next to mine class. He must have been the tattooer. He hurried off to his next class and I was hit with a burst of glee from my revelation. I told my teacher that he was my suspect; she seemed to frown.
She exclaimed, "No, it can't be him. He's a really good kid; he works hard in school and he has been through a lot."
I explained further that I heard his voice in my sleep and begged for her to look into it. Eventually, she promised to investigate: she was very concerned.
*Exit Dream Cloud*
My dream ended there but maybe I should complete the story and make up the rest?
Wow, well the blog completely screwed up my format but I guess you still get the idea.
ReplyDeleteDo you want me to fix it?
ReplyDeleteYes please!
ReplyDeleteI had divided it into paragraphs, I'm not sure if you can tell or will be able to see that but do whatever you can!
Better?
ReplyDeleteYes thank you so so much!
ReplyDeleteHaha, no problem.
ReplyDeleteNow that that's over, do you actually have a teacher called Ms. Jollywagon?
Haha no, I changed all of the names for privacy. I decided I would take that opportunity to add levity.
ReplyDeleteMe like the levity :D
ReplyDelete