Thursday, December 31, 2009

2010

So here we are nearing 2010.
What does it feel like, well really I'm trying not to think about it.
The only thing I want to think about is the party at Maeve's(my best friend) house today at 8:30pm.
So why do I not want to think about the new year?
Simply because every moment seems to be going by faster and faster.
My little brother back talks me now when he used to greet me by yelling my name at the top of his lungs and running into my arms.
The fact that next year Maria Teresa is turning a year older and that's one year closer to college for her, one year less of time I have left with her. One year closer to the day she meets a man that loves her and takes her away from me. And closer and closer I come to the reality that Maria Teresa is not going to live with me when I grow up because she's just to amazing for someone not to notice her and propose to her.

And another year for my brother Juan Antonio to find reasons not to idolize me. By March he may just realize that I am in fact not the most amazing person to walk on earth, but only the 2nd. And perhaps worse a year closer to the time he gets a cell phone and the time every girl he has ever met will ask me for his number.

Ahh... and of course one year closer to the time that Yousef starts thinking girls are pretty not icky.
A year closer to the moment when girls start calling Alfonso, who is only 9 but every year I see girls that are younger and younger going boy crazy and Alfonso is by no means an ugly kid. He could be a movie star.

A year closer to the day that I won't be under the same roof as my mom and dad.

Some of the only things for me to look forward to are my B-day more time to spend with my new friends and my braces are coming off. There is a little bit more but that will have to wait for another post because it's about to be seven and I don't want to be late to Maeve's party. It's going to be a blast and I'm extremely exited because Maeve wanted us to match, I'm just so touched because no ones asked me to match with them before. Now that I think about it I have not matched with anyone since my sister and I were tiny.

So have a wonderful new years everyone! I hope I do.

And a special shout out to my cousin Melina, it's her birthday today!

Thank you,

Sophia Kamel

2 comments:

  1. Whoa whoa whoa, you're getting a little bit ahead of yourself don't you think? I'm not leaving the house until it's absolutely necessary. Since when am I so amazing that guys are just lining up to see me? I'm sorry, I think you have me confused with yourself. Don't fret Sofi, me and my philosophies,and my paints, and my activism, and my messy side of the room, and male incompatibility chip won't abandon you for at least another four years. So be happy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey sofi since when do i worship you?

    ReplyDelete