Wednesday, December 2, 2009

thanksgiving is all a LIE!!!!

Thanksgiving is over, and so is the complimentary vacation. The extra time on my hands let the future philosopher in me take free rein of my... uh... brain.  And I came to the following conclusions:

1.  Thanksgiving is really only about eating.  Pilgrims, prosperity, blah blah blah, is only an excuse to eat turkey and then use the extra time to starve yourself in order to lose the extra ponds. Yes, all about eating eating eating, turkey, pumpkin pie, potatoes, and cranberry sauce.  (I, for one, do not eat  meat, and was thankful for it because my parents bought a raped turkey.) So from now on I will not capitalize the holiday, because it's not that important.


2. One week of vacation is not enough to feel refreshed and rested.  7 days is barely enough to get used to having nothing to do!  I could not find a solution for this problem, other than 1.) extending vacation time, which would be rejected by authority, especially since Christmas vacation is so close, or  2) Eliminating the vacation time altogether.  I don't need to explain why I immediately rejected this idea myself, in my head, before even presenting it to someone else.

So, the issue remains unresolved, and I have failed as a philosopher.  But I will not give up world!

4 comments:

  1. Please! I ate that turkey think before I read these things!!! Your freaking the heck out of me now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's what you deserve. I told you about that turkey.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What is a raped Turkey? Like a fake meat Turkey?

    Okay I understand what you are saying but you have only begun processing. You have just begun peeling the onion. You must think about it deeper. Eating isn't the true meaning of Thanksgiving. Call me sometime and I will explain further.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Since when do YOU become Ms. Philosopher? That's my job! You are the actress/lawyer/future-mother -of-twelve!!!

    I'll call you though!

    Read the article about the raped turkeys, because typing it here will profane this blog.

    ReplyDelete