Thursday, December 17, 2009

Surf's Up with Levi the Poet


Currently, I'm going through my Beach Boys Stage.  I have one every year.  They make me feel happy and giddy and chill!  Those are atypical, but, nevertheless, welcome feelings for me.  If Brian Wilson was still young and I was the fangirl type, I would send him passionate love letters, revealing my intense, unparalled admiration for him.  Since I am as much the fangirl type as Brian Wilson is still young, I do not.  And I don't see myself doing it in the future.

What does this have to do with our Indie Artist of the Week, you ask?

Nothing at all, I just felt like mentioning it.  

Ivan the Poet is the Indie Artist of the Week.  I don't remember how I stumbled upon his work, but I'm glad I did.  Seriously, he has more energy and passion than Axl Rose!  He makes me want to do something big and change things and look into deep, dark, ugly places of myself that I would rather ignore.  

Quite different from the inspiration I get from my sweet old Beach Boys...

                     or become a fan on Facebook
                     or follow him on Twitter
                     or follow his blog

And then listen to "Good Vibrations" and feel happy and superficial again.


No comments:

Post a Comment