Why is it that we are given so much homework? Over the years the amount of homework given relative to a grade level has increased. Do they understand that this isn't helping us so mush as it is immensely hurting us?
First of all, you can have all the school smarts in the world and still get no where due to your lack of street smarts. It seems that being well-rounded has gone down the drain. We need to have time to have to experience life after school and learn from our surroundings. Books are important but, life, is crucial. Second of all, so many people are complaining that America is getting fatter and fatter. I blame the school system. If we are trapped in our rooms all day, when do we ever have a chance to go out and play? Even Elementary students these days are getting more and more homework: Their recesses are getting cut. The government wants to blame fast food restaurants but no! It is truly the schools fault for enlisting bad, lazy behaviors into children at a young age. Let's not forget about family. I cannot count the numerous times last year a family member called me and said, "Hey we are playing a game, come down and join". My response, "Sorry too much Geometry". I often see those commercials recommending family's to eat dinner together and talk. If it is that important, shouldn't somebody give us some time to do it? Too many family's these days are breaking and the school system needs to give us the time to try and keep them together. True or false; you lose brain cells from lack of sleep. Teens around the world feel the pressure from school and stay up all night much too often. Then, their lack of sleep results in them being groggy and not fully concentrated the next day. Our sleep is important. I would like a fully developed brain and I believe my fellow classmates would agree. The reasons go on and on but these, in my opinion, are some of the most important.
We are in school for seven hours, five days a week, for most of the year. It's not the students fault if you can't fit enough curriculum into those hours. That is plenty of time, most of the day in fact. The slim rest of the day should be devoted to other things.
Good job Josette!
ReplyDeleteHave to agree. When I was in first grade, the only thing I had time to do in the afternoon was homework. And I was 7.
ReplyDeleteBesides, schools are giving more homework each year, and kids are getting stupider each year. No I don't need statistics, because I know 14 year olds that think Italy is in France.
Right? Right?
Good page!!
ReplyDeleteyou guys are all AMMAAZZIINNGG writers!!
(i spelled it like that for emphasis not because i don't know how)
Thank you:)
ReplyDeleteGracias Maeve!
ReplyDelete